Sunday, June 3, 2012

Minecraft.edu? I can totally dig this!

Welcome! My name is Jeremy Biddle I am 6th grade teacher who has just begun developing a curriculum unit that utilizes Minecraft to simulate/recreate/re-imagine the first civilizations built in the Near East. We have already constructed a rough outline of our 6th grade Early Human Unit and hopefully plan to beta test it this October. Our goal is simulate the challenges that the first Neolithic people had to overcome and then progress (through Minecraft simulation) to the dawn of the first great city-states. In the meantime, I have constructed a ziggurat in Creative Mode to help get a better idea of how the game works. I also needed to get an idea how long it will take to actually rebuild an ancient city. The Ziggurat of Ur has been constructed over the last week and I have spent roughly 10 hours. In October, I would like to have a team of 4 or more students collaborating on their own structure.

Speedbumps:
I am currently facing some problems in regards to taking screen captures. I can take the pictures; however, I cannot find them on my Mac. I may have to VLOG instead of document until I figure this one out.

Update:
Finally figured out how the screen capture function works!
Open Finder and select "Go" at the top. At the bottom select "Go to Folder". Then put in "~/Library/Application Support" (no quotes). Find the Minecraft folder, open it, and inside there should be a Screenshots folder.
Thank you Dave_X!

3 comments:

  1. Another option you have for getting to your screenshots is to hold the 'alt' button when clicking on 'go' on the finder toolbar, that will get you into the library folder, rather than having to type.
    Elfie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeremy. I'm in the Computer Services department at Temple University, and we're currently running a Minecraft server for some outside projects, including a ninth grade English class at a New Hampshire high school. If you have questions about Minecraft in the classroom, I can introduce you to the high school teacher we're working with, or if you have questions about server administration and mods, I'd be happy to share what I've discovered over the past year. You can reach me at fmoffat at temple dot edu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate you. Especially your content,a lot of knowleged.You can also read minecraft apk latest indir

    ReplyDelete